RU: Триязычный международный модный проект | ES: El proyecto intenacional de moda, trilingüe | EN: The trilingual international fashion project

четверг, 9 декабря 2010 г.

Ten questions for Misty Rose

Mena is a new contemporary womens clothing line by independent LA designer Misty Rose. We hope you’ll like it!

Robert Zorin: For a start, could you tell us a bit about yourself?
Misty Rose: I currently live in an Artist Collective in Downtown Los Angeles.

Robert Zorin: When did you first get involved in design and what are your influences?
Misty Rose: One of my earliest influences was a comic book called Katy Keene. Of course she was pretty fabulous, with a killer wardrobe. I remember that readers could send in their own drawings and ideas for her wardrobe and they would publish them in the next edition. I started drawing outfits for Katy and then on to creating my own paper dolls. I guess those could be considered my first fashion illustrations! I was about 8 when I found out what a fashion designer was, and from that moment on I was hooked.

Mena Spring/Summer 2011 Lookbook

Robert Zorin: What is “Misty Rose Style”?
Misty Rose: My style is very feminine, colorful and fun.

Robert Zorin: Where do you find your inspiration?
Misty Rose: Architecture, art, music and my crazy creative room mates all inspire me. I am also inspired by all things vintage, and am currently obsessed with the 40's.

Robert Zorin: Which do you prefer to design, do you have a favorite?
Misty Rose: I couldn't live without dresses.

Robert Zorin: Are there any designers, past or present, that you would have liked to work with?
Misty Rose: Erte, Alexandre McQueen and Tom Ford to name just a few…

Robert Zorin: What do you most enjoy about a fashion design career?
Misty Rose: This is a hard one as I love all of it! I enjoy the whole process of making a collection come to life. From concept, to sketching, patternmaking, sewing, and styling the photo shoots….It's amazing and extremely satisfying to see it all finished as a cohesive story, and know that you created that. But….I think the most rewarding part is seeing others wear and love the things that I make.

Robert Zorin: What are your plans for the near future?
Misty Rose: The next few months I'll be working hard finishing my Fall 2011 collection.


Misty Rose

Robert Zorin: Finally, do you have any fashion advice or styling tips you could give to our readers?
Misty Rose: My advice would be DON'T pile on every trend at once. Inject your own unique personality into your wardrobe, and don't be afraid to stand out in the crowd.

A culmination of a childhood dream branded with a childhood nickname, Mena came to life with the purpose of offering women fun, sexy, beautiful clothing without a shelf life. Ultra feminine silhouettes and architectural details are recurring themes in the designers repertoire, and sure to be found in this as well as future collections.

Mena Official Website
Mena on Facebook
Mena on Flickr
Misty Rose on Etsy

Здесь можно оставить свои комментарии. Выпуск подготовленплагином wordpress для subscribe.ru

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий