RU: Триязычный международный модный проект | ES: El proyecto intenacional de moda, trilingüe | EN: The trilingual international fashion project

вторник, 31 августа 2010 г.

Ten questions for Ton Pret

We have a visit from our friend, Dutch imaginative painter and designer Ton Pret.

Vicky Bee: Hi Ton, nice to have you here at bob'n’bee. For a start, could you tell us a bit about yourself?

Ton Pret: I started as a painter in 2005. My success emerged fast and work was exposed in the Amsterdam Beurs van Berlage and the Rijksmuseum, the Fortezza da Basso in Florence, in Ascona (Switzerland). Not only my paintings, chairs and sculptures are popular amongst art-lovers and collectors, also my shoes, jeans and watches are in growing demand worldwide. My colorful high-heeled shoes caused a stir in some 2009 Paris fashion shows. For the moment we are thinking of a real fashion label.

Vicky Bee: When did you first get involved in design and what are your influences?
Ton Pret: Just in 2008 when I was asked to transform design chairs and women shoes into real pieces of art. My influences are determined purely by my own imagination.

Vicky Bee: What is “Pret style”?
Ton Pret: Colorful, cheerful, imaginative and back to the inner child, which gives a positive feeling.

Vicky Bee: Where do you find your inspiration?
Ton Pret: I have so many fantasies, that my mind is an endless source of inspiration. I translate the real world into my world.

Vicky Bee: Which do you prefer to design, do you have a favorite?
Ton Pret: I have no favorite, I like all.

Vicky Bee: Are there any designers, past or present, that you would have liked to work with?
Ton Pret: I am very solitary, but maybe Armani.

Vicky Bee: What do you most enjoy about a fashion design career?
Ton Pret: At first I'm a painter, but fashion design gives me the opportunity to create wearable art.

Vicky Bee: What is your concept of sustainable design?
Ton Pret: I prefer to give existing objects or materials a new but other life.

Vicky Bee: What are your plans for the near future?
Ton Pret: For the near future, like I said, we are thinking of an own label. Also there is a possibility, to paint a real airplane. And of course The Ton Pret Ferrari project is an unique art-car project, where I transformed a high-powered Ferrari 355 into "The Fastest Artwork of Holland". The project was executed in the summer of 2010 and it took me 7 weeks to complete the project. All the work is done with a little paintbrush. This unique art-car is shown to the public for the first time on the Open Art Fair 2010. The car will be revealed on the opening night on September 8 at 8pm by fashion & art photographer Herman van Gestel.

Vicky Bee: Finally, do you have any fashion advice or styling tips you could give to our readers?
Ton Pret: Never wear clothing that is too small and do not be afraid of using bright colors.

Ton Pret’s website
Ton Pret on Facebook

En Español
На русском

Здесь можно оставить свои комментарии. Выпуск подготовленплагином wordpress для subscribe.ru

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий